Friday, May 8, 2009

A bag and I

As most of you know already I've been hitting the gym consistently lately. I don't know where all this mysterious energy and will to get off my ass came from but for some reason I can't go two days max without boxing or running or engaging in any other form of cardio workout. I've pressed the pause button on weightlifting, I used to go to Mr Gibson's weight room seminars at 7a.m. back in high school, and I've developed and excellent height and frame to put to work. Anyways, cardio is the new direction and I feel highly accomplished after each daily exercise. I have more stamina, I have more energy (mind you I haven't changed my diet in any way), and I feel plainly better.
I love the punching bag, it's my favourite spot in the gym. The punching bag is in the corner, therefore I am in the corner. I bought new hand wraps to protect my knuckles against the impact of my punches. Lately I've been terrifying customers when handing them movies (they see my heavily-scarred knuckles and unbeknownst to their own disposition they give my hands the look of disgust, which I'm sure they don't mean to because a majority of them are polite). I've as of late been considering taking up boxing or kick-boxing. It seems like a great activity because I find when hittin that bag I want to hit it in more ways than one, with different body parts. I tried kneeing it but I was on the receiving end of my own hit. Either way, I feel that once I made the choice to visit the gym in my complex, everything else just fell into place. That's all everything in life comes down to really, choice.
I urge the lazy people to take a trip to your local gym at least twice a week. It'll leave you feeling better and it'll give you hope for better things. I can't explain it, but suddenly with all this self-discipline coming into play I feel like all my current responsibilities are a cinch. I had a list of tasks to do last week which I've already finished. My modules at work are 90% complete. It seems after I made the choice to go to the gym, everything else just became easier to me. And you know what happens when everything else becomes easier for you, you tend to want to write a new list of tasks (goals) to accomplish. Bigger, badder ones for you to battle on the battlefield. That's how I feel right now. I feel I can assign myself to things that were once beyond me.
So in essence, make the choice that matters most, the choice of choosing the good choice, and I can assure you everything else will piece itself together impeccably.

1 comment: