Saturday, August 8, 2009

T-minus 1

I can't believe that after all these years it's come down to one day until the most infamous departure of my lifetime. Fourteen years ago I saw movies like Vampire in Brooklyn, Rumble in the Bronx, and Die Hard: With a Vengeance and I fell in love with New York City. My wanting to visit really blew up though when I watched Godzilla (1998), it wasn't really the movie I enjoyed but more the setting it took place in. The way they portrayed NYC in the film just made me want to visit. All these famous landmarks being destroyed by a giant lizard really made me want to visit the place and see them for myself. Then of course there were other films like The Day After Tomorrow and Cloverfield and Ghostbusters that just fed the hunger. Tomorrow night I leave, and I may not sound excited now but I am PUMPED.

Between now and departure time stands one super long opening shift at work. I have to open the store, do a forest of paperwork, survive 10 straight hours (though I only get paid for 9), and then I come home and enjoy sleep. I'm off to shower and get uptown early so that I can buy a french vanilla and blast some music loud as hell in the store to prepare me for the rest of the day.

As I mentioned before I will update my blog daily while in NYC. I will be staying in a hostel in Brooklyn and making frequent trips back and forth into Manhattan. We're still unsure about whether we will be travelling to the other boroughs because everything is in Manhattan and we may not have time. Anywho, I depart tomorrow at 7:30pm alone from Toronto and I arrive in NYC at 5:30am Monday morning. The rest of the guys will meet me at 7am at Grand Central Station because we couldn't get the same megabus tickets, so sacrifices were made and I took the bullet to travel alone. I don't mind because I think I need the ten-hour zen time to mentally prepare myself for four days of awesomeness. Between 5:30am and 7am I think I'll run around central Manhattan a bit, visit all the local places near Grand Central like Madison Square Garden and the NYC Library before meeting the guys back at the Station. We'll see how that goes, it'll be 5 in the morning and no one will be up so...:D. Talk to you soon loyal readers.

-BLOG OUT-

No comments:

Post a Comment